Online Classes and Programs
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the TSNW Board of Directors and our office staff have been working together to make decisions that will best protect all of our members, many of whom are immunocompromised. All of our usual programs are temporarily suspended as we wait until it is safe to be in groups again. During the wait, we have shifted many of our classes and groups to online classes via the Zoom platform. We have also added new groups! For some sessions, space is limited to keep classes high-quality.
To learn more or sign up for a class, click on the name of the class below:
- Mondays 6:30pm Active Women / Healthy Women fitness class with Kim (previously met in Issaquah)
- Tuesdays 10:00am AW/HW fitness with Toshiko (previously met in Edmonds)
- Wednesdays 12:00pm Pilates with Janet
- Wednesdays 5:00pm Strength Training with Garriel (previously met in Queen Anne)
- Wednesdays 6:30pm Fitness Yoga with Kristine (previously met in Bellevue)
- Thursdays 10:30am Nordic Walking Conversation Group
- Thursdays 1:00pm Stretch, Flex & Flow with Denise
- Fridays 8:30am Zumba with Sellyna
- Saturdays 9:00am Survivor SAKE Happy Hour (with Dragon Boaters)
- Saturdays 10:00am AW/HW fitness with Toshiko (previously met at Cherry Hill)
- Saturdays 11:30am Gentle Yoga with Ann
- Tuesdays & Thursdays 6:00pm, Saturdays 12:00pm Duathlon Training with Coach Denise
After you register, you will receive a link and password and instructions for joining the Zoom session.
If you cannot attend an online session, Nicole Gill, a Team Survivor member and instructor at the 2020 Fitness Retreat, has created a YouTube channel with some great free workouts for people during this time of social distancing. If you want to check them out, go to her channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3RLeFfbua-_hYbCoyA-I8g. And be sure to hit “subscribe,” as she will regularly add new workouts.
If you have specific questions, please call our office at 206-732-8350 or email email@example.com. Have fun reconnecting with old friends and making new friends as you stay active at home!
You Can Do It!
Are you a walker, runner, biker, paddler, snowshoer, hiker, or general fitness enthusiast? Team Survivor Northwest offers activities for women in all stages of cancer treatment and recovery. Programs are no cost to our members and appropriate for women in all levels of fitness. Our Outreach Manager and Fitness Instructors can help you choose a program that suits your interests and needs. For more information, contact our Office Manager in the TSNW office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (206)732-8350.
All of the activities on our Programs page are tagged with a meter to let you know how much effort may be involved. Be sure to check with your doctor that you are undertaking the right level of activity for your current health level.
Gentle exercise may involve light stretching and activity that won’t raise your heart rate above 100 bpm.
Moderate exercise may get your heart pumping, but will generally allow you to carry on a normal conversation
Vigorous activity may require endurance and is intense enough that normal conversation is not possible.
For many of our members this is their first time doing a triathlon! This fun and empowering program meets seasonally, trains women to swim 0.5 miles, cycle 12.4 miles, run or walk 3.1 miles, and make efficient transitions.
If you are looking for a team activity that allows you to get away from it all without leaving the city, get a total body workout, and enjoy the camaraderie of a great group of women, dragon boating may be for you! The competitive Dragon Boat season runs from April-September, with off-season practice year round.