You Can Do It!
Team Survivor Northwest offers activities for women in all stages of cancer treatment and recovery. Programs are no cost to our members and appropriate for women at all levels of fitness. We can help you choose a program that suits your interests and needs. For more information, contact us at email@example.com or (206)732-8350.
Online Classes and Programs
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the TSNW Board of Directors and staff are working to make decisions that will best protect all of our members, many of whom are immunocompromised. Fitness classes are currently offered virtually via Zoom. A limited number of outdoor programs are available to fully-vaccinated individuals.
To learn more or sign up for a class, click on the name of the class below:
- Monday 10:00am Fitness Basics with Toshiko (low to moderate intensity)
- Mondays 6:30pm Interval Training with Kim (high intensity)
- Tuesdays 10:00am Fitness Basics with Toshiko (low to moderate intensity)
- Tuesdays 5:30pm Yoga with Katherine (low to moderate intensity)
- Martes 7:30pm Ejercico Para Sanar (en Espanol) con Maria (media intensidad)
- Wednesdays 6:30pm Fitness Fusion with Kristine (moderate to high intensity)
- Thursdays 11:00am Stretch, Flex & Flow with Denise (low to moderate intensity)
- Thursdays 12:00pm Pilates with Janet (moderate intensity)
- Fridays 8:30am Zumba with Sellyna (high intensity)
- Saturdays 10:00am Fitness Basics with Toshiko (low to moderate intensity)
- Saturdays 11:30am Gentle Yoga with Ann (very low intensity)
After you register, you will receive a link and password and instructions for joining the Zoom session.
If you cannot attend an online session, Nicole Gill, a Team Survivor member and instructor at the 2020 Fitness Retreat, has created a YouTube channel with some great free workouts for people during this time of social distancing. If you want to check them out, go to her channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3RLeFfbua-_hYbCoyA-I8g. And be sure to hit “subscribe,” as she will regularly add new workouts.
All of the activities on our Programs page are tagged with a meter to let you know how much effort may be involved. Be sure to check with your doctor that you are undertaking the right level of activity for your current health level.
Gentle exercise that doesn’t feel hard; it may not change your breathing pattern or make you sweat.
Moderate exercise may get your heart pumping but will generally allow you to carry on a normal conversation.
High intensity activity may require endurance and is intense enough that normal conversation is not possible.
If you are looking for a team activity that allows you to get away from it all without leaving the city, get a total body workout, and enjoy the company of a great group, dragon boating may be for you!