A huge thanks to our members and supporters who made this year’s gala a smashing success! Thanks to your generosity, we were able to raise $142,000 for women cancer survivor. By exceeding our fundraising goal by $9,000, we are able to add 3 new fitness classes to our roster – expanding our reach and impact to even more women in our incredible community!
The annual gala is Team Survivor Northwest’s biggest event of the year, raising approximately half of the annual operating budget. This year’s event featured both live and silent auctions, an exciting Golden Ticket raffle, a virtual scavenger hunt, inspiring member survivor stories and so much more! It was certainly a night we won’t soon forget. Thank you for helping us Soar to New Heights Together!
Registration is required to attend. It will ask you for a credit card, but it will only charge you if you bid or donate.
This is where the magic begins. We are using a new bidding site this year – ClickBid. Explore the site to learn more.
Help us reach our overall fundraising goal of $125,000! You can make a difference for cancer survivors today!
Scroll down to learn more. Links to additional resources are available at the bottom of the page.
What is a Virtual Gala and Why Join?
Click on the heading to read more details.
What Can I Expect at this Virtual Gala?
The Soaring to New Heights virtual gala will be similar to our 2020 virtual gala, with a few changes. This year’s gala will include the following:
- Silent auction opens the Monday before the event and closes at 8 p.m. on Oct. 2 (the night of the event)
- Virtual break-out rooms begin at 5:30 PM via Zoom
- 1-hour program begins at 6:00 PM Pacific Time via ClickBid
- Marina Rockinger as your emcee & Fred Granados as your auctioneer
- Inspiring videos
- Live Golden Ticket drawing
- Dr. Julie Gralow Award
- Visual scavenger hunt
- Live auction
The event is free (with registration) and your guest list can be limitless! Anyone can attend from anywhere – all you need is a computer or phone and a comfortable place to watch!
Most importantly, you will be helping to raise much-needed funds for this life-changing nonprofit that seeks to enhance and improve the lives of cancer survivors.
Where Will My Donation Go?
Our goal this year is to raise $125,000. ($100,000 from cash donations and $25,000 from auction items.) We must meet this goal to keep our current programs running for the next year. Cancer didn’t take a break during the pandemic, so neither can we!
We are calling on the collective strength of our community to help ensure that TSNW’s programs can continue to uplift, empower and inspire women cancer survivors for decades to come! Donate now.
What Does Team Survivor Northwest Do?
Team Survivor Northwest seeks to facilitate a world in which every woman cancer survivor has the resources and support to return to her best physical and emotional well-being. We provide a variety of programs – dragon boating, online and in-person fitness classes, cycling and hiking just to name a few – all at no cost to our members. These programs are thoughtfully designed to meet women where they are in their cancer journey. Whether they have a new diagnosis or are in remission, Team Survivor goes beyond physical health by creating a tight community of cancer survivors who support each other in the rollercoaster of cancer recovery. We are so grateful for your support of a cause that truly transforms lives.
After a particularly difficult year in which we have all had to pivot to stay safe during the pandemic, we are excited to improve, reconnect and soar to new heights!
TSNW is a is a 501c3 nonprofit organization.
What Do I Need to Know to Participate?
Click on the heading to read more details.
See how easy registration is and register now!
Registration is now open! It is quick, free and required in order to participate in the event. (You will not be charged anything unless you purchase or donate.) Once you have registered, you’ll receive a confirmation email and a unique bidder number that you will use during the silent and live auctions. Registered guests will receive important updates, the Zoom link and notifications leading up to and during the event!
*Note: Guests who register by September 22 will automatically be entered to win a $100 Amazon Gift Card!
How to Visit with Friends & Family Before the Event
Virtual social chat rooms will be available on Zoom before the main event, providing an opportunity for friends, families and colleagues to gather together online, as if you were sitting at a table together at the event. Share this invitation with your friends.
We are changing things up a little this year – you do not need to select your room in advance. A Zoom link will be sent to registered attendees via email prior to the day of the event. To join, click the Zoom link at 5:30pm on October 2nd and select the break-out room of your choice (someone will be there to offer support if needed). At 6:00pm, you will use your unique bidding link to log in to ClickBid and view the live program on the bidding site.
Get your Golden Ticket before they sell out!
Golden Tickets will go on sale on September 20! Golden Tickets are $50 each and only 100 will be available for purchase. What makes the Golden Ticket so special? If your ticket is selected, you get to choose one of our best auction items – these are higher value items expected to bid for over $1,000. Check them out in the “Auction Preview” section when you purchase your Golden Ticket.
You must be present (virtually) to claim the prize or it will go to the next person drawn. Full rules will be posted when sales launch.
*If you would like a physical copy of your Golden Ticket, we will have them at the TSNW office. (Not necessary to win.)
Tips for Viewing and Bidding Successfully
This year is a little different than last year. Rather than viewing the live event from Zoom, you will view the live event from ClickBid, the same place where you bid on items. The livestream will pop up automatically when you are logged in.
- A computer offers the best viewing experience. If using a phone or tablet, keep the device vertical to see the video and auction items at the same time. (If viewed horizontally, the viewing screen may expand to cover the bidding screen.)
- If you prefer to view the event on a larger screen, we recommend logging in on both your computer and your phone. Expand the livestream video on your larger device and bid on your smaller device. Make sure your smaller device is muted.
- Meeting as a small group? Use a large screen to watch the video stream together, while everyone uses their individual phones to bid.
- Bidding for the silent auction opens September 27th and closes at 8 p.m on Oct. 2 (the night of the event).
- CLICK HERE to register/sign in OR click the personal link you received by text or email to bid.
- Bidding is as simple as clicking on an item and entering your bid amount.
- Optional: Let the system bid for you for a better chance at winning! On your selected item, click the “Bid/Set Max” button, then select the maximum amount you want the system to bid. Each time someone bids against you, the system will enter a higher bid for you in increments, until it reaches your maximum amount.
Tips for Bidding in the Live Auction:
- To bid on a live auction item during the event, click on “Bid Live” at the top left, when prompted by the auctioneer. In some cases, you may need to move the live stream screen so you can see the button. You can do this by clicking on the screen and dragging it.
- During Raise the Paddle, click on “Give Live” in the top left corner to donate.
If you have questions, contact us at 206-732-8350 or email@example.com.
Make sure you know the important dates!
- Registration Opens: September 1. Registration is required to participate. Click here to register.
- Make a donation: Anytime before or during the event. Click here to donate. Every dollar counts!
- Ask others to make a donation to the cause: Anytime before or during the event.
- Auction items due: September 6. Click here for here for a procurement form.
- Golden Ticket Sales Open: September 20 (through October 1st or until sold out) Click here to purchase.
- Silent Auction Bidding Opens: September 27. Registration is required to bid.
- Event day! October 2. Enjoy virtual social rooms, exciting auction items, the Golden Ticket drawing and a moving program featuring inspiring survivor stories. Sign in at 5:30pm to visit with other guests – program starts at 6:00pm sharp. Prizes will be given out throughout the event just for attending!
We need your support even if you cannot attend!
If you can’t attend, consider participating in the early silent auction or simply make a donation by clicking here. Ask friends, family and co-workers to support the event as well. Remember, the money raised during this event makes up the majority of next year’s funding for the classes and programs that change the lives of women cancer survivors and their families! Thank you!
How Can I do More to Support this Great Cause?
Click on the heading to read more details.
Be a VIRTUAL TABLE Captain, it's easier than ever!
As a virtual table captain, you are the heart of this event and serve a critical role in its success. Captains will host a team break-out room via Zoom 30 minutes before the event for socializing.
Our gala is a wonderful opportunity for members to get loved ones, friends, neighbors and coworkers involved in supporting TSNW. Virtual Table Captains who can secure a guest list of more than 8 people will be given their own room to host! So send out those invites and share your story with as many people as you can – anyone can attend our virtual gala from anywhere in the country!
As a thank you, each Virtual Table Captain will receive an Amazon gift card.
If interested, please contact us at 206-732-8350 or communications@TeamSuvivorNW.org.
Spread the word!
You know that feeling when you taste a great bite of food and you want to share it with someone else so they know how good it is? We hope you feel that way about Team Survivor Northwest. When you share the work that this organization does with others, more and more people will learn and potentially benefit from our free programs. In turn, those life-changing programs will receive the much-needed financial support that they need to improve and grow!
Your story has the power to touch people in a way that a paper invitation couldn’t possibly do, so don’t be afraid to express to your guests what Team Survivor means to you and how it has improved your life! You may be surprised by how eager they are to help.
Refer a sponsor
This is not only a fundraising event, but an opportunity for our
members and the local community to gather virtually to celebrate
cancer fighters and survivors! Your sponsorship will make a huge
impact in a year when our immunocompromised population needs
your support the most. As the event is virtual, we will be able to
recognize you as a key supporter of cancer survivors in front of a
greater number of guests from the cancer community.
As we come out of another year with far too many lows, help those who have had a cancer diagnosis Soar to New Heights!
To learn more about sponsorship options, CLICK HERE.
Donations Make the Difference
In a year when we need your help the most to keep our programs running through the pandemic, step up and join us as we “Soar to New Heights” in the face of unprecedented challenges.
Our fundraising goal this year is $125,000. ($100,000 from cash donations and $25,000 from auction items.) We must meet this goal to keep our current programs running for the next year.
With your support during this marathon of COVID-19, we’ve been able to pivot time and time again in an effort to serve our members. Despite the pandemic’s cancellation of some of our fundraisers and corporate sponsors, we were able to move classes online, expanding our reach to cancer survivors across the Puget Sound. We know this community is what makes TSNW special, and this summer we worked tirelessly to safely relaunch our outdoor programs in person.
These changes did not come without a financial cost and we still need the support of the community to keep providing these valuable services to women cancer survivors.
Thank you for providing the means for our members to soar!
CLICK HERE to donate.
We will need some volunteers comfortable with technology to help on the day of the event (October 2nd) and drivers to distribute auction items to winners in the days after the event. Please contact Beatriz at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more and find the role that fits your interests.
Make it fun!
Your presence makes the event fun for everyone! Be yourself and brighten the event with some of these ideas:
- Make a signature cocktail before the event begins.
- Dust off your fanciest attire or don your TSNW gear, even if you don’t plan to leave the comfort of your couch!
- During the main event, we will have a visual scavenger hunt – spot the random items on the screen to win a prize!
- Stay for the whole event, as gift cards will be randomly given out to those in attendance. Plus, you won’t want to miss the Gralow Award winner!
- Come up with your own fun ideas and share them with your guests!
Click on the buttons below for resources.
Thank you to our Sponsors who allow our members to soar!
We'll see you on October 2nd!