Did you miss the event? You can still enjoy the gala by clicking here. (Start at the 10-minute mark if you want to skip the slideshow.) Find out if we met our goal!
Register now for Team Survivor Northwest’s gala October 10, 2020, 6:00pm-7:00pm. (Optional break-out rooms open at 5:30pm.) The annual gala is Team Survivor Northwest’s biggest event of the year, raising approximately half of the annual operating budget. This year is particularly special, as we celebrate our 25th anniversary with 25 Years of Silver Linings! We all know that COVID-19 has stopped a lot of things, including several of TSNW’s fundraisers, but COVID-19 has NOT stopped cancer and that means we need to work even harder to keep these important, life-changing fitness programs for cancer survivors running. Join us for an evening of genuine laughter, entertainment, prizes, friends, generosity, food, wine, a live auction and a virtual event…. all from the comfort of your home. Registration is free!
Registration (free) is required to attend. Bidding is now open!
Select which group/friends you will virtually attend with (by Oct 8th).
You can make a difference for cancer survivors today!
Scroll down to learn more. Links to additional resources are available at the bottom of the page.
What is a Virtual Gala and Why Participate?
Click on the heading to read more details.
How is this gala similar/different to past galas?
The 25 Years of Silver Linings virtual gala will be similar to our live gala in many ways. You will be able to see friends, learn more about Team Survivor Northwest (TSNW) and the work we do and bid on some fabulous auction items. We’ve even arranged for great dinner and wine from Chef Dane Catering if you would like to purchase some. Most importantly, you will be helping to raise needed funds for this life-changing nonprofit, serving cancer survivors.
Due to the pandemic, we will not gather in person, but via a special Zoom event. Our Team Captains will host teams of their friends and family in virtual break-out groups before and after the main event. Now you can invite people from anywhere in the country or around the globe! People can attend as individuals as well. And because there is no cost, anyone can attend!
We will have optional games and contests to make it fun, so stay tuned for more information!
Why Hold a Virtual Gala?
To be plain and simple, we need to raise money to make our programs run. Our goal this year is $100,000. Cancer didn’t take a break, so neither can we! When COVID struck, TSNW acted fast to move as many programs online as possible. There were increased instructor costs associated with this, we’ve had to cancel 3 other 2020 fundraisers & many corporate sponsors have not been able to give this year. The gala has traditionally been our biggest fundraiser, providing the backbone for the services we offer all year long. And let’s not forget that we’ve got something to celebrate… 25 years of Silver Linings! We all need something fun to look forward to right now!
Why Should I Attend?
- Raise money for a good cause.
- Visit with friends and family as well as other TSNW group members.
- Bid on great auction items before and during the event.
- Don’t miss out on seeing who wins the Julie Gralow Award.
- Win gift cards just for being present! (Be sure to arrive on time and stay for the full event so you don’t miss out!)
The main event is only an hour, so we are making sure the event will be fun and engaging throughout!
What does Team Survivor Northwest Do?
Team Survivor Northwest (TSNW) is a nonprofit organization that envisions a world in which every woman who has had a cancer diagnosis has the resources and support to return to her best physical and emotional well-being. We do this by providing free fitness programs to women cancer survivors in the greater Seattle region. The positive impact of exercise during and after a cancer diagnosis is undeniable – exercise reduces the risk of mortality, in some studies as much as 50-60%. Our entire community needs these programs. The women who participate in our programs not only benefit physically, but mentally and emotionally as well, as they find a second family with Team Survivor Northwest and acheive things they never thought possible!
How Will the TSNW Virtual Gala work?
Click on the heading to read more details.
See how easy registration is and register now!
Preregistration / Select your group: Preregistration is 4 simple questions – your name, email, which group or friends you want to be in the break-out sessions with, and whether you are a TSNW member or a guest. Select the Team Captain or group from the drop-down menu. It is important to register early as group sizes are limited! Click here to preregister now. You still need to register after this step.
Registration: Registration opens 2 weeks before the event. If you have preregistered, you will receive an email to let you know when registration is open. Registration is quick and is required in order to participate in the event. Luckily, registration is FREE! Once you have registered, you will be able to preview, then bid, on early auction items and purchase your Golden Ticket(s). Click here to register now.
Be with your friends and family, Here's how!
We have created “Teams” so before and after the main event, friends, families and colleagues can gather together virtually, as if you were sitting at a table together at the event. Team Captains will be with their teams beginning at 5:30pm. Some teams may choose to compete for prizes, make cocktails together or get festive and submit selfies for the slideshow that will run during the event.
To join a team, preregister by clicking here, then select which team you would like to be on by selecting from the drop down menu.
Not interested in being part of a team? That’s okay! You can join as an individual, too. Fill out the form so we know your preference.
Enjoy food and wine!
Team Survivor Northwest has partnered with Chef Dane Catering to provide delicious meals that will complete this celebratory evening.
- Check out the prix fixe menu choices and place your order by clicking here.
- There are some lovely wine selections available and a portion of the price is donated back to TSNW!
- Chef Dane Catering will donate $5 for every meal and $5 for every bottle of wine back to Team Survivor Northwest! (Thank you!)
- There will be four pick-up locations in the Greater Seattle area for your convenience. Select your location when you order. Each has a designated time frame for pick-up.
- Chef Dane is an expert in creating entrees that are made with the intention of being reheated (instructions provided), so you can pick up early and still enjoy a hot meal.
- Remember to order by October 2nd.
- Go to www.chef.dane.com
- Click the TSNW button
- Scroll down to find the TSNW menu at the end
- Choose the ‘pickup location’ item first and select your option
- Add items to order
- Click ‘checkout’
- In the pickup time box, choose ‘set custom time’. Then choose 10/9 and anytime on that day. This will allow you to complete your order.
- Then complete contact information and payment.
- Any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-794-0812
Get fancy or lounge in your yoga pants!
You decide what clothes will make you feel your happiest for this event. Maybe you will compete for the Best Themed Outfit Award and go all out with silver lining glitter formal attire. Or maybe you plan to be in your cozy clothes with a blanket on the couch. We love both! TSNW shirts also encouraged! And we encourage you to take a selfie of you doing the gala YOUR WAY and submit it for our gala slideshow that will run during the event.
Get your Golden Ticket before they sell out!
Golden Tickets are now on sale. Click here to register and purchase before they sell out! Golden Tickets are $50 each and only 100 are sold. What makes the Golden Ticket so special? If your ticket is selected, you get to choose any auction item of your choice before live bidding begins. That could be worth thousands of dollars! [*Must be present to win.]
View auction items in advance!
You now have a chance to window shop for the items you want to bid on! To do so, click here.
Bidding online is easy, Here's how!
Registration is required to participate in the event. The good news is it is EASY and FREE! Register between September 26th and October 7th.
- Click here to go to our online bidding site. When you see the main page, you can scroll down to take a peak at the auction items. Note: only some of the items are currently listed for this sneak peek, it will just keep getting better.
- To Register: Click “Start Bidding” in the upper right hand corner. Create account (or sign in if you already have a Greater Giving account). Follow the prompts. You will have to verify your email address to be registered, so look in your junk mail if you don’t see it.
- You will need to enter a credit card number, but will only be charged for your purchase/donation after the event is over. You will create a log-in so that you only have to register once. Be sure to save your username and password so you can check back as we add items and be ready for the event.
- Begin bidding on items on October 7th.
- Bidding is as simple as clicking on an item and entering your bid amount. Bidding instructions are provided on the bidding page in case you want to take advantage of helpful features that will allow you to auto bid and set a max bid amount.
- For the live auction, you will bid while watching on one device (for example, a computer) and using another to bid (for example, a phone).
- The auctioneer will do a practice bid before the real bidding on the night of the auction. You will also receive clear instructions ahead of time and during the event.
- If you have questions, you can talk to your Team Captain or call the number provided on the screen during the event.
Make sure you know the important dates!
- Make a donation ~ Anytime before or during the event. Click here to donate now. Our goal is $100,000 and every dollar counts!
- Ask others to make a donation to the cause ~ Anytime before or during the event. [See this sample email if you want to save time.]
- Be part of the matching team by contributing $500 or more to create the $20K matching pool ~ Before September 25. Email Jennefer at email@example.com.
- Team Captain registration ~ between now and Oct 1. Click here.
- Personal Preregistration ~ by Oct 2. Click here. This allows you to select who you would like to sit with and receive important information.
- Order dinner and wine ~ by Oct 2. Click here.
- Sponsors ~ due Oct 2. Click here for Sponsorship Opportunities. Make recommendations to Jennefer at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Auction items due ~ Sept 18. Click here for a procurement letter. Click here for here for a procurement form.
- Registration ~ September 26 – October 7. Registration required to participate. Click here to register.
- Golden Ticket Sales Open ~ Sept 26 until event day or until sold out. Click here.
- Winner picks a favorite auction item so must be present to win
- Purchase Golden Tickets for $50 each, only 100 will be sold, first come first served. (These sell out!)
- Winner will be announced at the start of the event.
- Auction items available to view online Sept 26. Registration required to bid. TSNW will send an email reminder that bidding and registration are open to those who have preregistered.
- Early Auction Bidding Opens ~ Oct 7 – 10:00am, click here to register now to be ready.
- Pick-up your dinner made by caterers for reheating. Times will vary by location.
- Event day October 10. Enjoy exciting auction items + and Golden Ticket drawing. Sign in at 5:30 to visit with your team, program starts at 6:00pm sharp. Prizes will be given out throughout the event just for attending!
We need your support even if you cannot attend!
If you can’t attend, consider participating in the early online auction and please make a donation by clicking here. Ask friends, family and co-workers to support the event as well. Remember the money raised during this event makes up the majority of our funding and we need it more than ever this year!
What does your donation go towards?
$25 – Every donation makes a difference!
$75 – Provides one group fitness class.
$300 – Allows a new survivor to attend the Fitness Retreat.
$500 – Allows the Duathlon Team (of 70 athletes) to train for one month.
$1,500 – Allows the Dragon Boat Team to train and compete in one event.
Or pick an amount that works for you. Every donation allows us to improve our programs and reach more women who have not yet had a chance to experience the many benefits of Team Survivor Northwest!
How Can I do More to Support this Great Cause?
Click on the heading to read more details.
Be a Team Captain, it's easier (and more rewarding) than ever!
Team Captains are like Table Captains, but because this event is virtual, you will be meeting with your invitees over Zoom. Team Captains are the heart of our fundraising event and serve a critical role in its success. Each captain works at creating their own guest list of 3-15 people, helping to ensure that the virtual gala is well attended, profitable & fun! There is no fee to attend and the event is only an hour, so it should be easy to get people to come. Most of all, you will be helping TSNW with important and needed fundraising and celebrating 25 Years of Silver Linings!
Strong Team Captains believe in the mission of TSNW and want to get their friends and families involved in this important cause. All you need to do is invite people ~ and because it’s virtual, they can be from anywhere around the country or even the globe! Donations are tax deductible and go toward keeping TSNW programming for the coming year.
Captains will join your Team break-out room 30 minutes before the event for socializing. During the main event, there will not be break-out rooms, but you will gather again after the event. We will have great auction items, games and fun. You can even order dinner and wine!
The best part? For every 5 people who register to attend the event by October 3rd, you will receive a free Golden Ticket, which could be worth thousands! (Note that to count, the 5 attendees cannot be TSNW members.) Bring 20 outside friends and family members to the event and you receive 4 Golden Tickets!
Spread the word!
You know that feeling when you taste a great bite of food and you want to share it with someone else so they know how good it is? We hope you feel that way about Team Survivor Northwest. When you share the work that this organization does with others, more and more people will learn of our free programs and our programs can have the support they need to grow.
We need your help to help others! Click here to see a sample invitation letter, that you can send via email or regular mail and/or post on your social media. Feel free to make changes to personalize it and make sure to include your reason for supporting Team Survivor Northwest.
Donate or procure an Item or GIft Card
We are collecting items for our auction that will raise money for this good cause.
Do you know someone who could donate an item that we can use for our auctions?
Do you have a great idea?
Do you have airline miles that we could pair with one of our trips?
What would you want to bid on?
Click here for an example letter to ask a business for an item donation.
We also need your help to collect gift cards from your favorite restaurant or store! You can ask for a donation or you can support local restaurants right now by purchasing one. (Or ask them if you can purchase one and get one free!) Click here for an example letter for gift cards or just ask in person when you are out.
Want to support Black-owned restaurants? See this article for a list of suggestions: https://www.seattletimes.com/life/food-drink/how-to-support-black-owned-restaurants-in-seattle/
Do you know someone who could be a sponsor?
Sponsors make a huge difference by funding our life-changing programs. To show our gratitude, sponsors will be recognized as a key supporter of cancer survivors in front of hundreds of guests from the cancer community, including survivors and prominent health care providers. Their tax-deductible donation will be highlighted in event promotions, publications and on our 25th anniversary plaque. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our gala will be a live virtual event, attended by hundreds more than could fit in a ballroom. This provides high visibility to our sponsors, who will have their logo on the screen throughout the event.
Donations Make the Difference
In a year when we need your help the most to keep our programs running through the pandemic, step up and join us as we celebrate 25 years of changing the lives of women cancer survivors! COVID has presented new challenges and costs for TSNW as we pivoted to provide our programming online—because cancer didn’t take a break, neither could we. So this year, we added additional instructor-led programs to make up for having to suspend our volunteer-led programs. Additionally, many of our fundraisers have had to be cancelled. More than ever, TSNW needs the support of the community to keep providing the valuable services to women in the Puget Sound region.
Team Survivor Northwest (TSNW) is a nonprofit organization that envisions a world in which every woman who has had a cancer diagnosis has the resources and support to return to her best physical and emotional well-being. We do this by providing free fitness programs to women cancer survivors in the greater Seattle region. These women can be at any stage of treatment and recovery and at any fitness level—there is a program for everyone. The annual gala is TSNW’s biggest event of the year, raising nearly half of the operating budget for the year. This year our goal is $100,000.
Click here to donate. Thank you for making a difference in the life of a cancer survivor!
We will need some volunteers to help the day before and the day of the event (October 9th and 10th). No special skills required. Please contact Beatriz at email@example.com to learn more and find the role that fits your interests.
Make it fun!
Your presense makes the event fun for everyone! Be yourself and brighten the event with some of these ideas:
- Make a signature cocktail with your group before the event begins.
- Order the catered dinner and wine and virtually share it together in the social time.
- Submit your selfies during the social time before the event to be part of the slideshow that will take place during the main event.
- Compete for one of the following awards: Best Themed Outfit (theme = silver linings), Farthest Distance (the person attending the farthest from Seattle). Photos must be submitted by 5:45 Pacific Time (submission directions will be provided).
- During the main event, we plan to do a couple of games, like a Scavenger Hunt, to see who can get a specific item the fastest. Be ready to run around your home!
- Stay for the whole event, as gift cards will be randomly given out to those in attendance, throughout the event. Plus, you won’t want to miss the Gralow Award!
- Come up with your own fun ideas and share them with your team!
Some Things to Look Forward To:
Our 25th Anniversary virtual gala will bring smiles to all who attend. Here are some highlights you will enjoy:
* Order and enjoy a gourmet meal~ complete with salad, your choice of entrée, dessert and wine!
* Spend time visiting with friends and family safely
* Fun games and challenges with prizes
* Decorate your background, or dress up
* Dress to the theme of silver linings and win a prize
* Submit photos during the event for the slideshow and watch others do the same
* Bid on some amazing items & experiences
* Support women who have had a cancer diagnosis as they get their lives back!
Click on the buttons below for resources.
Thank you, Sponsors!
We'll see you on October 10th!